Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How to Talk to Girls at Parties.

So a few days ago I was browsing reddit and was pleasantly surprised to find out that one of my favourite authors, Neil Gaiman, released a short story online and in the eBook editions [kobo], an excerpt from his new book, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I'm entirely excited for his new book as I love his writing style; charming, offbeat and witty.

I admit that I don't read a lot of short stories. Not because I have a preference or anything but rather, I just don't come across them as often for whatever reason.

So what did I think of this particular short story?

I liked it! I didn't love it, but I did like it. The writing style is exactly how I describe it above and I honestly wanted to know more about the story and the characters... but I guess that's why it's a short story. Would I recommend it? Well, it's a free bit of work from a very prominent author. I think that kind of speaks for itself. You can also find a version of How to Talk to Girls at Parties on his website, as well as on Amazon for the Kindle.

1 comment:

  1. Hm -- I might get this. I'm not wild about short stories either and Gaiman can be very hit or miss for me. However, I adore this cover.

    ReplyDelete